Our next Charity Knit-In is scheduled for October 7, 2017, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Kingwood Medical Center, 22999 U.S. 59, Kingwood TX 77339, in the Kingwood Room, beside the cafeteria closest to the West Tower entrance. This is a potluck event, so please feel free to bring a food item to share with the group. Coffee, tea and water will be available.
This event is now open to non-members as well. Anyone who would like to knit or crochet for charity is welcome!
The focus for this Charity Knit-In is on cold weather items – hats, and scarves. But you can choose to work on any other projects for charity.
The purpose of this charity event is to get together, to do something that benefits others who are in need, while doing something that we love. The door prizes and raffle prizes are sponsored by the Knit and Night Guild in appreciate of your contribution to this purpose.
- The first 25 people to register will receive a door price. Click on this link to register on Evite.
- Everyone present is eligible to get up to three raffle tickets for the raffle prize drawing at the end of the event.
- One raffle ticket for being present.
- One raffle ticket for donating yarn.
- One raffle ticket for completing a charity project at the event.
What will be available at the event:
- Patterns for hats and scarves using bulky or super bulky yarn.
- Some bulky yarn will be available.
- Coffee, tea, and water.
What to bring:
- Knitting needles or crochet hooks appropriate for the projects you wish to work on. US 11 needles/ L11 hooks or bigger are needed for working with bulky yarns. The 2-hour scarf pattern calls for a US 19 knitting needles.
- Any pattern that you would like to use for the charity item you wish to make.
- Any yarn that you would like to donate for this charity knitting event. The types of yarn needed
are in worsted, bulky or super bulky weight with darker colors like black, browns, blues, and
Yarn to donate:
If you have yarn that you would like to donate, please bring it to the event. But if you are not able to join
us, please send them along with your friends who will be attending the event.
Charity items to donate:
Please bring charity items that you have made to the Charity Knit-In, so that we can send them back
with the volunteers who are delivering to the respective charities. If you are not able to join us, please
send them along with your friends who will be attending the event.
Charity Organizations that we currently support:
To view a list of charities that we current support and the items that we make for them, please click here. If you have other opportunities and would like to volunteer to deliver items to other local
charities, please email me.
We look forward to seeing everyone at this event!
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.