Camp Allen Retreat is sold out!
If you would like to be put on the waiting list, please contact Ann Cole.
The purpose of this charity event is to get together, to do something that benefits others who are in needed, while doing something that we love.The purpose of this charity event is to get together, to do something that benefits others who are in needed, while doing something that we love.
This event is now open to non-members as well. Anyone who would like to knit or crochet for charity is welcome!
The focus for this Charity Knit-In is on cold weather items – hats, and scarves. But you can choose to work on any other projects for charity.
- The first 25 people to register will receive a door price. Click here to register on evite.
- Everyone present is eligible to get up to three raffle tickets for the raffle prize drawing at the end of the event.
- One raffle ticket for being present.
- One raffle ticket for donating yarn.
- One raffle ticket for completing a charity project at the event.
What to bring:
- Knitting needles or crochet hooks appropriate for the projects you wish to work on. US 11 needles/L11 hooks or bigger are needed for working with bulky yarns. The 2-hour scarf pattern calls for US 19 knitting needles.
- Any pattern that you would like to use for the charity item you wish to make.
- Any yarn that you would like to donate for this charity knitting event. The types of yarn needed are in worsted, bulky or super bulky weight with darker colors like black, browns, blues, and greens.
Click on this link for full description of this event!
A Guild Wide Planning Meeting will be held at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday August 5, 2017 at the Trini Mendenhall Sosa Community Center,1414 Wirt Rd., Houston. All members are encouraged to attend and help set the course for the 2017-2018 guild year!
The annual retreat at Camp Allen near Navasota will be held March 21-24, 2019. Watch for more information in coming months!
The first clue in the Guild’s Mystery KnitALong is released!
Kenneth Eakins, Outreach Case Manager for the Star of Hope, will speak to us about what the hats and scarves we donated last year meant to the recipients. We will be packaging the Star of Hope donation at the Knit-In so we can turn everything over to Mr. Eakins that day. Hats and scarves have been coming in, but we need lots more for the men in neutral colors. Check the Charity page on the website for pattern information. The Two Hour Scarf knits up very quickly, and the Hat with Heart pattern is a great hat for fitting different size heads. Both are great projects to carry with you when you will just have a few minutes at a time to knit during the day. You don’t need to carry the pattern with you – just your knitting. We also need more new black Men’s cushioned crew socks to pack with their hats if your chapter would like to donate some. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions about charity items. Charity items can be sent to the Charity Knit-In by members of your chapter attending the event. As we have done previously, this Knit-In will be a potluck event. We always have a variety of delicious dishes! Please RSVP to email@example.com by