If you enjoy knitting lace or are curious about exploring the possibilities, please join the Katy Lace Knitters group. We meet at 10:00 am on the first Tuesday of each month.
Katy Lace Knitters will meet at the Toasted Yolk, at 10:00 am on Tuesday, November 6th. The Toasted Yolk is on the southwest corner of 99 and I-10 in front of Costco. Bring a project that challenges you or you need help with. Stay and enjoy lunch afterwards.
Katy Lace Knitters will meet at the Laikh House on Barker Cypress on Tuesday, April 3rd, at 10 o’clock to continue our Lace shawl KAL. If you don’t want to do the shawl, just join us with your current project to share. Some stay for lunch.
Camp Allen Retreat is sold out!
If you would like to be put on the waiting list, please contact Ann Cole.
More information about the retreat
The purpose of this charity event is to get together, to do something that benefits others who are in needed, while doing something that we love.The purpose of this charity event is to get together, to do something that benefits others who are in needed, while doing something that we love.
This event is now open to non-members as well. Anyone who would like to knit or crochet for charity is welcome!
The focus for this Charity Knit-In is on cold weather items – hats, and scarves. But you can choose to work on any other projects for charity.
- The first 25 people to register will receive a door price. Click here to register on evite.
- Everyone present is eligible to get up to three raffle tickets for the raffle prize drawing at the end of the event.
- One raffle ticket for being present.
- One raffle ticket for donating yarn.
- One raffle ticket for completing a charity project at the event.
What to bring:
- Knitting needles or crochet hooks appropriate for the projects you wish to work on. US 11 needles/L11 hooks or bigger are needed for working with bulky yarns. The 2-hour scarf pattern calls for US 19 knitting needles.
- Any pattern that you would like to use for the charity item you wish to make.
- Any yarn that you would like to donate for this charity knitting event. The types of yarn needed are in worsted, bulky or super bulky weight with darker colors like black, browns, blues, and greens.
Click on this link for full description of this event!
Come down to Mo’s Irish Pub to watch the Olympic Games and feverishly work toward your own Ravellenic Games medal. Hope to see you there! This will be immediately following the SoCK meeting.
For more information about the Ravellenic Games, head to the Ravelry group:
Head over to the Team SoCK Facebook event page to RSVP:
Don’t forget to join the discussion on the Guild’s Ravelry Group: