At our KNOW meeting on Monday, October 29, Janet Madden will present her program, “Weird and Wonky to Wonderful—Bash the Stash for Charity Knitting!” You will learn about the charitable organizations and related projects sponsored by each chapter, score some patterns, hear a few stories, and maybe find a new use for that strange skein stored somewhere in your stash. Bring yarn and needles to match. Hopefully, you’ll be inspired! Please plan to attend what promises to be a very enjoyable and worthwhile program.
Come join us and knit or crochet for charity on October 6th, from 8 to 12 at St Anne de Beaupre Catholic Church, 2810 Link Road, Houston, 77009. Bring a friend or two (KANG member or not) and help spread the word. We will have yarn available for projects; please supply your own needles or hooks. Patterns for our charity projects can be found here.
- Bring a dish to share; we will provide water, tea, and coffee
- Bring a non-perishable food item for donations to a local food bank
- Bring a giftwrapped single skein of yarn for a fun game, if you want to play
- And bring cash or your checkbook for our silent auction with amazing items to bid on
Please RSVP to email@example.com.
As always, great door prizes await you! Looking forward to another fun-filled day with everyone!
As always, the knit-in is open to anyone who likes to knit and/or crochet for charity. Please help spread the word! Feel free to bring a food item to share with the group. We will have an oven and a microwave to heat up food. Water, coffee, and tea will be provided.
- Attend the event
- Bring a non-member guest
- Turn in a completed, handmade charity item
- Donate a ball of acrylic/washable yarn for charity
To RSVP for the knit-in, please email knitatnightguildcharity@gmail.
The purpose of this charity event is to get together, to do something that benefits others who are in needed, while doing something that we love.The purpose of this charity event is to get together, to do something that benefits others who are in needed, while doing something that we love.
This event is now open to non-members as well. Anyone who would like to knit or crochet for charity is welcome!
The focus for this Charity Knit-In is on cold weather items – hats, and scarves. But you can choose to work on any other projects for charity.
- The first 25 people to register will receive a door price. Click here to register on evite.
- Everyone present is eligible to get up to three raffle tickets for the raffle prize drawing at the end of the event.
- One raffle ticket for being present.
- One raffle ticket for donating yarn.
- One raffle ticket for completing a charity project at the event.
What to bring:
- Knitting needles or crochet hooks appropriate for the projects you wish to work on. US 11 needles/L11 hooks or bigger are needed for working with bulky yarns. The 2-hour scarf pattern calls for US 19 knitting needles.
- Any pattern that you would like to use for the charity item you wish to make.
- Any yarn that you would like to donate for this charity knitting event. The types of yarn needed are in worsted, bulky or super bulky weight with darker colors like black, browns, blues, and greens.
Click on this link for full description of this event!
We will be putting together kits for the Scrap-happy Celebration Hats which will be distributed to area Head Start students. These make cute, colorful hats that are fun to make! Bring some smooth, washable worsted weight yarn from your stash. Partial skeins are prefect! As little as 10 grams of yarn will make one of the 5 color bands on the hat. Five balls are needed to make a hat. If you have a scale you use to weigh yarn, please bring it. We will be winding 10 gram balls to put in kits. Bring in your yarn already wound into 10 gram balls and receive an extra door prize ticket! If you want to get started on one of the hats, bring size 7 needles for knitting in the round. If you have questions, please contact me at knitatnightguildcharity@gmail.
Materials: smooth, washable worsted yarn, scale for measuring yarn if you have one, size 7 needles (dpns or circular)
Kenneth Eakins, Outreach Case Manager for the Star of Hope, will speak to us about what the hats and scarves we donated last year meant to the recipients. We will be packaging the Star of Hope donation at the Knit-In so we can turn everything over to Mr. Eakins that day. Hats and scarves have been coming in, but we need lots more for the men in neutral colors. Check the Charity page on the website for pattern information. The Two Hour Scarf knits up very quickly, and the Hat with Heart pattern is a great hat for fitting different size heads. Both are great projects to carry with you when you will just have a few minutes at a time to knit during the day. You don’t need to carry the pattern with you – just your knitting. We also need more new black Men’s cushioned crew socks to pack with their hats if your chapter would like to donate some. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions about charity items. Charity items can be sent to the Charity Knit-In by members of your chapter attending the event. As we have done previously, this Knit-In will be a potluck event. We always have a variety of delicious dishes! Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by