Hello Charity Knitters!
We had a great turn out for our January Knit-Together at Karbach Brewery. We collected woolen objects for the Ukraine project. Those were sent off to the coordinators. All totaled, we collected 90 items for Ukraine; 85 hats (various sizes) and 5 cowls.
Great work to those who managed to knit a quick hat. Kudos for Barbara Haas for finding that link for us. Hopefully everyone saw the pictures posted on Facebook and Instagram.
Our next charity knit-together will be at No Label Brewery in old Katy on Sunday 26 February from Noon to 3 PM.
NOTE: Some folks heard it was the 19th of February but it had to be changed due to unforeseen circumstances.
No Label Brewing
5351 1st St, Katy, TX 77493
26 February, 2023
Noon – 3 PM
It is winter, so same rules as last time apply. If it is less than 55 degrees or raining; we will cancel. If it is above 55 degrees and not raining, we will be there; dress for the weather.
Is this your first-time coming out to a Knit-together? Wondering how you will find us and if you will know anyone?
Here are some answers…
- Sarah and Marie usually arrive about 10-15 minutes prior.
- You will find us by the big Teal suitcase full of charity yarn. (We are usually the only people in the brewery with a suitcase)
- We welcome knitters who are new to KANG or have not attended a Knit-together before.
- We are all a little shy and socially awkward in our own way, but you will find that conversation comes easy when we talk about our knitting projects.
- You can come out to drop off completed work and pick up more yarn, only
- You can drop off your completed work and sit and knit (or crochet, or needle point, or weave) with us for a bit
- You don’t need to finish your project in 3 hours. Take it home, finish it, and show up at our next Knit-Together to drop it off!
What to bring?
- Your tools (needles, hooks, markers, hoops, looms, etc).
- (optional) a chair. Some folks don’t like sitting at the picnic tables.
- (optional) a pattern. We have a few patterns printed, but feel free to work whatever pattern you like.
What to make:
- Peyton hearts
- Warm-up America squares
- stuffed toys
- sweaters (especially baby and child, which are much faster to make)
Questions: email us knitatnightguildcharity@